Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 137

Thread: What Up? (musically speaking now)

  1. #111
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Hey Rog, here is additional info that was on the ebay auction. Maybe it means more to you than it did to me?!?!
    A couple of the tracks on this are very poor recordings but for the most part, it's a GRRREAT CD!
    DR. ALIMANTADO - BORN FOR A PURPOSE / REASON FOR LIVING
    In 1978 Johnny Rotten was attacked in Sloane Square for looking 'too weird'. Arriving home he played this double-headed tale of personal realisation and positivity.
    From the album 'Born For A Purpose / Sons Of Thunder' (GREW CD 22)
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

  2. #112
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Paul Revere and The Raiders - Greatest Hits
    Paul Revere and The Raiders - Greatest Hits Vol.II

    Got inspired to drag these out after really enjoying their version of "I'm Not Your Steppin' Stone" on that Roots Of The Sex Pistols CD, which makes The Monkees version pale in comparison!

    Last I heard Of Mark Lindsay he was with The Traveling Wrinklies and I seem to recall an appearance on "Married With Children."
    Wonder where they all are now???

    GRRREAT music, 4 sure!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Gus

  3. #113
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    I caught the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame show last night on VH1. It was great seeing Chrissie Hynde and the Pretender inducted by Neil Young.
    And then they all played together!
    Dynomite!!! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    Eric Clapton jamming with his heros was nice too!
    Buddy Guy, BB King, Bo Diddley.
    Even Jerry Lee Lewis made the scene!
    It was great...really!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
    Gus

  4. #114
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Them
    Them Again
    Now & Them
    The Story Of Them

    Sometimes I just can't get enough of <font size="3">them!</font>

    What up (musically speaking) with you?
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
    Gus

  5. #115
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Van Morrison - Blowing Your Mind
    Van Morrison - T.B. Sheets
    Van Morrison - The Best Of V.M.

    Some of my all time favorite music is when Van first went solo on BANG records!
    Who DOESN'T love Brown Eyed Girl?!?!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
    Gus

  6. #116
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Anybody hear any good music lately?

    I'm just fixing to listen to Berlin's Voyeur CD.
    Next up Tom Petty's Full Moon Fever!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Gus

  7. #117
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have been listening to the New Hillary Duff. I recently saw Her new movie Raise Your voice, and I loved one of the songs called Jerico, It is on her new Cd as well as several other songs from the movie.
    I also listening to the newest Garbage, Bleed Like Me.

  8. #118
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    I've taken your advice and picked up both those CDs Roger! And I'm glad that I did!
    I love the Garbage sound and surely like Shirley's style! Bleed Like Me is awesome!

    My best friends little girl (age 6) is a total Duffymaniac so it will be a pleasure to share the new Hilary CD with her and to save her mommy some money in the process!

    Also enjoying the heck out of Cherie's Beauty's Only Skin Deep CD which was just recently released for the first time in that format.

    WROG keeps finding it's way into my airwaves too!
    Some DJs have a knack for bringing ya back, 4 sure!

    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
    Gus

    <font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ April 23, 2005 03:08 PM: Message edited by: gus danger ]</font>

  9. #119
    Inactive Member Skunkboy1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2004
    Posts
    47
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ".... Beauty's Only Skin Deep CD which was just recently released for the first time in that format"

    I think we all know this...I mean, we're all here for Cherie.

    Why is there no mention of this cd on Cherie's website? The availability...etc...

  10. #120
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Maybe on the next update, it will be added.
    Please remember, the Cherry Red release was not anticipated by Cherie's management.
    I know you don't believe there will be a US release but the plan is to make that CD available through Cherie's web site.

    I'm sure they'll have Cherie's best interest in mind whatever they do.

    Don't we all?!!?!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Gus

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic